Open Goaaal! is a great new outdoor football goal, with a difference. No more lost balls, or trips round to next door to beg for your ball back. Yes that’s right, the people at Open Goaaal have found a solution, a net that spans your whole garden. Available from the Open Goaaal website a standard goal costs RRP £134.99, or the large is available for £149.99.
I have been very surprised at what a brilliant invention Open Goaaal is, I have frinds who have goals in their gardens and get fed up or having to retrieve balls. The boy likes nothing better than a good kick about with Dad Dragon in the back garden at weekends, and it turns out after playing for two hours last weekend isn’t too bad as a goalie!
The Open Goaaal is not suitable for all gardens so before you all rush off to buy one some measuring is required. The minimum size for the standard Open Goaaal is 6.3m, with a maximum of 8.3m. Now I have to say I had measured our garden twice, and after reading the instructions realised the goal is actually 4.75m wide, so if you do have a rectangle garden and can secure the posts of the Open Goaaal to existing fence posts then you might be able to fit the Open Goal neatly across a garden. ( Check out the website as they have pictures in their assembly video)
The Open Goal comes in one very neatly packed box, with very comprehensive instructions which go into great detail on how to install the goal. The box also comes with all the tools you will need, a heavy duty mallet, and a rather unique spirit level( you will need to use your own tape measure) I would advise that you read the instructions thoroughly and check out the video too. there is even a helpline number if you get stuck, luckily our Open Goaaal went up smoothly with no problems.
Have a look at our fun time-lapse video which shows us putting up our Open Goaaal!
I was always told to “measure twice and cut once” and this could be the open goal motto, as making accurate measurements on the ground and double checking meant we had no problems installing the Open Goaaal in less that the two hours recommended in the manual. I would go into detail, but basically the system has two very tall poles, which need marking out then with a system of bungees, and ropes you install the Open Goaaal net which cleverly has a football goal mounted in the middle of a finer net. This gives the appearance of a goal with no posts.
There are trouble shooting sections in the manual which cleverly detail each example of a problem and tells you which bungee or rope to adjust. I found that by taking each step slowly none of these were needed and in total I think our goal took around an hour for two adults and one child to construct.
What is super cleaver about the Open Goaaal is that at the end of a football session you can simply unclip the four bottom pegs of the goal and the whole thing neatly slides to one side so that you can have you garden back. We have installed our goal across the bottom of the garden and once pulled back it is hardly visible from the house. For the purpose of mowing you just lift the net and the Open Goal simply hooks up out of the way, this is also useful to stop foxes from nibbling the Open Goal!
I have been surprised already how much use the boy has got from his Open Goaaal, and I think that every football mad, or boy filled household should have one. The Open Goaaal has been a super addition to our outside activities and the boy enjoyed running around inventing timed activities and pretending he is taking part in world record breaking footballing events.
For more information on where to buy your Open Goaaal, instillation or just a huge list of other people who agree that Open Goaaal is fantastic visit the website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Now for the exciting part, as I have the chance for one lucky reader to win an Open Goaaal to install in their garden. This is my best and most exciting prize to date, with a RRP of £134.99, this summer you could be enjoying peaceful days in the garden without the constant apologies to next door for flying balls! Simply follow the instructions on the Gleam app below, and don’t forget to check the the T&C’s.
Win an Open Goaaal! RRP £135
Disclaimer: we were sent an Open Goaaal! for the purpose of review, our oppinions are our own and have not been altered.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Description: The ‘Win an Open Goaaal” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 15/05/2015 at 12:00 (London) and ends on 13/06/2015 at 23:59 (London) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Open Goaaal Trading Limited (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the UK only, who are 13 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive an Open Goaaal (approximate retail value or “ARV”: £135)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to winning person. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
The sponsor does not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 13.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Open Goaaal cc: Blog Giveaway Promotion, Open Goaaal Trading Limited, PO Box 1185, Bushey, WD23 9GJ, UK. Request must be received no later than 6 months after the competition end date.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Open Goaaal Trading Limited, PO Box 1185, Bushey, WD23 9GJ, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org