Family games nights are set to increase this year according to recent research from Drumond Park and I couldn’t agree more with their findings.
A predicted 51% increase over last year in the purchase of table-top games (which include traditional board games and action games) among parents of 4-9 year-olds may well be on the way.
Drumond Park surveyed over 1,000 families over the Summer and autumn and found more families are planning to buy games this year, an increase on last year. We love family games nights, and where I thought as the boy got older he would grow out of wanting to sit down and play with us I have found the opposite. OK, so there is still the pull of wanting to play computer games, but some nights he will ask to play a board or card game.
Traditional board games are a way of bringing different generations together and help communication between generations. The parents of children aged 4 -9 were surveyed and the findings showed a change of thinking. Parents are wanting to spend more quality time with their kids and surprisingly kids are loving playing games too.
But the main reason parents want more table-top games than ever before is because their children just love them. In previous independent research, undertaken by Drumond Park in May of this year, 86% of 4-9-year-old boys and girls said playing table-top games is one of their favourite forms of play. For girls only, the figure is 87%, while almost 90% of 6-year-olds of both sexes rate table-top games over other forms of play.
For us as a family its time to chat about our day or week, to learn new games and strategy’s and generally just have fun. There is nothing better than ganging up on Dad Dragon with a game of Dig In, or just silly fun with games like Crazy Claw, or Pickin Chickens.
For your chance to win the Family Game Pickin Chickens from Drumond Park enter with my Gleam app below.
Picking Chickens is available in store and online now, 2-4 players for ages 4+ RRP £19.99
Terms & Conditions:
The giveaway is open to the UK only
- It is mandatory to leave a comment in the post comment section answering the question specified. Other tasks completed will gain additional entries. The winner will be checked to make sure they have both left a comment and completed the task for the winning entry.
- Winner will be drawn randomly after the competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 9th December 2016
- The winner will be sent an e-mail to the e-mail address left at time of entry. The winner will need to reply to the e-mail within 7 days of the notification. Every effort will be made to contact the winner, but if no response is made within the 7 days a new winner will be chosen.(Note a prompt reply will be needed to ensure delivery of the prize before Christmas)
- The prize details are stated at the top of the giveaway, and may be subject to change if they become unavailable.
- The prize will be posted by the promoter, unfortunately I cannot be held responsible or replace missing parcels. Please contact me if there is a problem.
- Please allow 28 days from notification for your prize to be sent out.
- This competition is listed at: Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com and SuperLucky
Research was carried out on behalf of Drumond Park Games by Censuswide in May and October 2016. Two sets of 1,000 and 1,004 parents with children aged 4-9 years answered online questionnaires.